People who practice gratitude report that they have seen dramatic changes in their outlook, positivity and relationships, in addition to many physical and mental health benefits. A large volume of research also backs up and confirms that these benefits are kufe0changing and lasting.
Here are 10 surprising facts about people who practice gratitude that may surprise you.
1. Married Couples…
- Who practice gratitude enjoy a stronger, closer and more positive relationship. Gratitude allows spouses to more easily see beyond the other’s flaws and shortcomings. Such marriages are usually last for life.
2. Grateful People…
- Find enjoyment and pleasure in even the most mundane tasks. Their positive outlook and vitally helps them find excitement and pleasure in things that other people take for granted or find boring. Therefore, they are more productive, successful and advance faster in their careers. In fact, you will find that all successful people have a mindset of gratitude.
- Realize how precious life is and take nothing for granted. They express their gratitude consistently to the people who matter in their lives. Naturally, they tend to have stronger family bonds and closer friendships.
- Never feel entitled. Instead, they feel privileged and thankful for what they have and what they have achieved. Their humble, modest attitude inspires awe and respect, especially if they are highly successful. Naturally, this makes them tremendously well-liked and esteemed.
- Are able to face challenges and tragedies with more fortitude and resilience because they always see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Take care of themselves. Studies have found that people who practice gratitude tend to exercise more and have healthier eating habits. They also tend to have regular checkups with their doctor. They understand that good health is a blessing and that it’s a duty to stay healthy and fit to better enjoy life.
- Become liberated from materialism, overconsumption and the pursuit of material things. Because they are content with what they have, they don’t seek instant gratification or care too much about ‘keeping up with the Joneses’. Instead, they focus on relationships and experiences, the things that add real value to their lives.
- Have hope. You’d be surprised how many people see no purpose or meaning to life. They are cynical and negative and see no hope for the world. On the other end of the spectrum are people who practice gratitude. They understand the sun can’t always shine. Life is a mix of good times and bad. But they have hope and optimism to see them through the bad times.
- Have a flexible mindset. They are more accepting and tolerant towards others and have more ability to put themselves in others’ shoes. They are also less stubborn and rigid in their beliefs and vires and are always open to new thoughts.
3. Leaders and Managers…
- Who practice gratitude have more empathy towards their followers and recognize that as humans, we all have failings. They have the ability to recognize the untapped potential in others. People who practice gratitude also make ideal mentors and teachers.
Gratitude is perhaps the most important quality we can acquire to become better human beings. It’s no secret that people who practice gratitude enjoy some amazing benefits and ultimately, lead happier and more fulfilling lives. There’s no secret ingredient; all you have to do is count your blessings!
About Tirglas | Self Help | Personal Development |
Tirglas offers high-quality personal development eBooks, video, audios, inspiring self-help training programmes and other digital products. The best time to start a self-help personal development programme was probably some time ago. The next best time is right now!
The Kaizen approach to self- improvement is a lifelong journey. It requires a mindset of self-analysis, recognition and acknowledgement of bad habits, a desire for personal growth. Also and most importantly, it requires action in a positive direction. So why not start today by doing what is necessary and then move to do what is possible. Your own success story starts now, begin your journey of personal development.